Meet An Amazing Mosaic Crochet Creator

Recently I thought that it might be a great idea to invite fellow crocheters to introduce themselves to my readers. This week I’d like to introduce a Mosaic Crochet Expert, my online friend, Lynette from Lavender Cup Cottage Mosaic Crochet. Lynette has been a staunch supporter of Nana’s Attic Crochet and she runs a Facebook group for those that want to learn MOSAIC crochet.

Name:  Lynette Kosar

Business:  Lavender Cup Cottage Mosaic Crochet

Facebook link:

FB Business page:

Tell us a bit about yourself?

My name is Lynette Kosar and I am the designer and owner of Lavender Cup Cottage Mosaic Crochet.  I am from a rural area of north western Pennsylvania where I grew up on a farm.  I have 2 grown sons, who I am super proud of!  Now that the boys have grown, it’s just me and my loveable dog, Lucy.

I listed my first set of patterns on Etsy in March 2021, then Ravelry in June 2021 while working a full-time job.  It started as a side project, but I love designing so much that in September 2021 I took the big plunge and quit my job to design full time!  It was a BIG SCARY move but has turned out to be the best thing I could have done for myself.  I gave up the stability of a regular income, paid vacation time, and benefits, but I gained improved mental health and less stress being able to work as a designer doing something I love.  Since opening, I have built a library of high-quality and unique patterns. 

When did you start to crochet and why?

As a child, my great-grandma would often watch my sister and I while my parents were at work – especially in the summer when school was out.  When I was about 7 or 8 years old my great grandma taught me how to crochet.  First, of course, was mastering the chain! 

It was always my goal to sit and make that chain as long as I could.  I would see if I could make it go down her hallway and back or go around the living room.  Every time I came back to visit, I always had a yarn to play with.  She also taught me single and double crochet, how to do spirals and how to increase and decrease.  I didn’t know how to read patterns back then, but the first thing I made was a little bear that I freestyled out of my head.  I was so proud of it and gave to my best friend. 

What do you sell/make?

I design mosaic crochet patterns and currently have over 40 available.  Our best seller and the most popular pattern at this time is the “Penny’s Sunflower Farm”.  This pattern makes a large blanket with a farm scene ~ working from the bottom of the pattern, you’ll see flowers and butterflies in front of a wooden fence with sunflowers growing just behind the fence, followed by a grassy pasture area and cows, a barn and farmhouse.  Behind the farmhouse and barn are corn fields that extend to the horizon of sunrise.

This is an image of the Penny's Sunflower Far" Afghan
Penny’s Sunflower Farm Mosaic Crochet Pattern

All our mosaic crochet patterns include the charts and the written pattern.  They have been tested by people with various levels of mosaic crochet experience.  90% of our patterns are great for a first-time beginner and the remaining 10% are for anyone who has done at least one project or if you are brand new and up for a challenge!  The only thing that makes some of our patterns more challenging is more counting and fewer repeats…. that’s it!

Instructions for basic mosaic crochet are included with every pattern and we have step-by-step video tutorials in our Facebook Group.  (

Where can we find your creations?

We have customers all over the world!  Our patterns are sold on Ravelry, on Etsy, and a website is in the works! 



For pattern support and a fun and interactive community join us in our Facebook Group:

We are also on Instagram and my nephew’s girlfriend is helping me get all my pics loaded.  I appreciate your patience:

Finally, what’s your top tip when it comes to crocheting?

The best tip I can give your readers is to dream big and follow their heart!  Don’t be afraid to try new things and keep growing in your crochet journey…. Learn new stitches or a new technique, a tiny step out of your comfort zone can have huge rewards!

If I can help you take that tiny step in your crochet journey, I’m here for you.

Have a happy crocheting day!


Lynette, I ‘d like to thank you for speaking with me today. We are looking forward to seeing more of your creations as your current works are just so beautiful!

%d bloggers like this: